Yes, yes we are home. We had a mighty fine time down south in Alabama. The boys did well and had a relatively decent time...I think. I am not quite sure really because the entire time we were somewhere they would ask when we are leaving or whine about some ailment or another. Of course after us griping (which is grown-up whining) at them to stop complaining they did change their tunes, but I am not exactly sure of their true feelings, however I am not exactly sure they are either.
Today we rode on over to Grant, Alabama to check out the Cathedral Caverns. Which was a pretty darn neato schmeato site to see. If you have the chance it's worth seeing...now the guided tour was another story. OMG, now I know we all know that most of good ole AL is pretty well red (as in redneck) no offense to any Alabama natives out there but being that I am in a southern state, I can call people rednecks and know what I am talking about. Right so the tour...our tour guide well had NO front teeth, I kid you not. He had a tan line right across the middle of his forehead that left his buzzed head not tan...from what? Well his hat of course. You could see his ass crack thru his tucked in shirt and he mentioned something about "coon huntin'". And said things like "that there" and "I seen" (which for the record is a pet peeve...please use this word correctly most people from what I can tell do not it may be better to just not use it at all but just in case you must it is "I HAVE seen" not "I seen" or "we seen" or I'm gonna seen"). Now our tour guide was nice and friendly and really did a decent job but it was the longest tour ever because he just drug it on and on and many times was just hard to understand. But yes check out the place it really is worth it...I promise.
The boys did enjoy the hotel pool...Gavin enjoyed it the most and felt relaxed enough to relieve himself in the hot tub, lovely of him. It was gross and we skippy'ed right on out of there and buzzed in with an anonymous call to the front desk.
I think the Space Center was everyone favorite. We watched a 3-D movie--very cool, looked at rockets, freaked out Jakeb on a ride, and got Robert sick on one hehe. But no really it was fun and we all had a great time there.
Thank god we didn't go camping omgtherain we would have been soaked and miserable as I am sure that $50 Walmart tent isn't that water proof. So that's on the agenda for 2 weekends from now...but we'll see.
Fall break is almost over now :( I am one of the freaks who actually likes the breaks...it means I don't have to get up at 6am, I don't have a to fix a lunch, or help with homework, or do anything on a schedule. Yes I.get.to.be.lazy. Well it feels lazy-ish anyway.
2 comments:
Glad you had a great time! That place looks awesome, but with your tour guide, it's almost "Slingblade-ish"..haha.
fun times.......I have been meaning to take all the kids down to the space center..
Post a Comment