Friday, October 3, 2008

Houston... She has a problem

In light of the cool weather we have had for the past 3 days I thought it was a good time to unpack and wash the boys clothes for the winter. Most of Jakeb's is all new stuff and a few things fit from last year...he still "could use" a few more pairs of pants or something but really...well really, not really. Zachary is set and has tons of pants/jeans and I still need to dig out the jeans Jakeb had last year because well because Zachary is bigger and needs the size up. Gavin is also set but while I was going thru the box deemed "2T winter" I realized the magnitude of clothing actually in this BIG box, I just figured I needed the bigger box because it had coats and sweaters in it and maybe even 2T winter AND summer...but no. Instead it's all one size for one season...and yes I counted because I couldn't believe it, he has 37 pairs of long pants for the winter, technically 39 if I count the overalls. Um, yeah not sure how that happened. Some I do remember getting from Gap for Jakeb at ungodly high prices but in my defense he is my oldest, now we shop SALE at Gap. Some I bought for Zachary and then now of course I have bought a few things for Gavin, a couple have come from Hope. Now I will say that he is way too thin to wear about 1/4 of it but still...and I keep finding more and the number has creeped up. Really it's shamefull. Guess how many pairs of jeans *I* have...3 oh wait if I count the fraying ones that are slightly snug, I have 4. I am not sure how we ended up with THAT many pairs of jeans/sweats/cords/khaki's...I mean really, I am not. The thing is I haven't bought him hardly anything...in fact 2 pairs of Jeans and that's it. Sad. is what it is. I am a sucker for kids clothes...well or just a sucker for buying. I think it got worse when Jakeb started school and that winter they kept commenting on his clothes and how cute he always was...and then I just had to keep it up. And don't even ask about the shoes.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

LOL! I know where you are coming from. Our mound is 18months fall/winter. I have boxes and boxes of it. I have only 2 pair of jeans that fit and 2 that I wish fit. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed