Friday, October 17, 2008

Major Brag

IMG_7807
On my Boy2 (one of the ones deemed not smart smart in a previous post because he didn't ride a big bike til he was 3). He has redeemed his ranking in the "really smart, smart" category that I have established to instill lots of ruthless competition and fighting between my children. Ok well not really....not really at all....it happens just not here.
Right onto the real reason of this post...to brag on Boy2. He is seriously trying to catch up and keep up with Boy1 in the reading/learning category. So he's mastered all the letters and their sounds...I mean for real has it down pat. So today on the way home from taking Boy1 to school he asks me if I will sit in his room with him and help him learn to read, I said well yes I would love to but before we can do that he needs to learn a little bit more about words. So I start popping a few off to him for him to sound out and spell. We start with bus...he has had the beginning sound thing down for a few months now....and off he goes B-U-S. Wow! So I toss out a few more....nails every last flipping one. Even a few harder ones like pen (spell it phoenetically it's a bit tricky with that e in there) and hop (again long "o"). Then I toss a 4 letter word at him-- Stop, and he nailed it too! I am thinking genius? Ok so not really but still he's only 4 and he's having zero problem with this AND I have NOT been quizzing him on this at all...like seriously it's been weeks since we have talked about this. I am stoked that he is getting it so easily AND so eagerly.

4 comments:

McAngie said...

Yay for boy2!

Angie Morris said...

WOO HOO! GENUIS!

Amber said...

Way to go!! That is just awesome!

Julianna came in and saw his picture. She said "Hey that boy was at Chick Fil A! He said Poo Poo!" Then she started to bust up laughing and kept saying what he said.

How is Gavin's chin??

Rachel said...

LOL! Why am I not surprised. The boy has an obsession with potty humor.
G's chin is ok, he whined the whole way home that he needed a "banaid"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed