Saturday, August 27, 2011

D-to the rama

A certain little platinum blonde headed child that lives in this house has a special flare for the theatrics. His talent is only reserved for those especially close with him...as in you know, Robert and I and his brothers. This past week he seems to have felt the need to crank things into full gear so as to make sure we fully appreciate all he can do....his range so to speak. Needless to say, I do see his gift but I don't know that I am able to really appreciate it like he would like. Maybe when he's 37 and I am missing his tiny little self....but I am thinking no. As previously mentioned Gavin is quite specific in his requests and his actions. Milk? yes but only in certain cups, with a blanket spread just so, and not until the show has started. Picking up toys? Um are you kidding? Helping a brother out? AS if! Yeah right!?
Gavin's specialties include collapsing to the ground leaving one to think he had just been hit with a boulder from a sling shot 20 yards away. Or a very audible groan that goes something like this UUUUUUUGGGHHHHHUUUUGHHHHHUUUUGGGGHHHHHUUUUGHHH....did I mention it is very audible? If these methods don't produce the result he was anticipating he will be happy to include tears and extra groaning for added affect. Sometimes he may include kicking or a shrill scream to drive his point home. Have I mentioned Gavin is 5? At this age it seems amazing that he has mastered these abilities most children have given up on no? But Gavin he's no quitter!! He is in it for the long haul. Here in lies the problem. The truck stops here. Gavin's career in theater must end very soon...we are sad ecstatic to see this go but know that all good awful things must come to an end.
He has been told that collapsing to the ground is a sure way to get a swift punishment as are loud groans of displeasure. He has also been reminded that he is living in a house with a family and families help each other out by cleaning up items and turning lights off (yes even if that means you have to go back upstairs to do so) and even occasionally doing something for another family member....so statements such as "I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING IN THIS HOUSE!!!" that have been known to exit his mouth have been banished and are never ever to be said again. I would really hate to have to show him what everything in this house is.... So yes Gavin is in recovery at this time he is not taking visitors and is in full support of his new program....well I suppose his full support may not have been given but it's the only option really, his other option was a transfer. I will update all as progress is made, until then hope for the best!

1 comment:

Kim said...

He and Jack would get along famously. . . or compete for the Emmy Award for best family drama.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed