And I must say 7 uninterrupted hours are mighty nice. I usually sit around wondering why I get nothing done--and by nothing I mean various projects around the house other than you know cleaning up after someone or feeding someone. I have however realized that there is something to be said for uninterrupted time. It occurred to me that is the golden ticket for me....I need to know that I have the time to finish a project start to finish without having to stop or at the very least get to a good little stopping point. So all that being said things are trucking along nicely for our first week into school.
Yesterday I spent the morning rearranging furniture (heavy but very easy to move furniture no worries!) and hanging pictures over the mantle. The mantle project is something I have dreamed of doing for a great deal of time and finally yesterday said heck with it and did it. Which was a nice confidence booster because A: it's looks pretty good and B: I am pretty good at decorating via improvising on a budget. As in I just redid my mantle without purchasing a single item. Score! It's amazing the things you can find around your house. And I will just go ahead and toot my own horn right here and say Go Me.
So anyway school is rocking and rolling and our morning routine is jumping right back to where it was and it's a seamless one so that's awesome and makes mornings so much easier. Because 6am is never easy. Gavin managed to walk himself to class alone yesterday and bought lunch at school. Jakeb is a totally too cool for school 4th grader. Zachary is the middle man both at school and at home and loves that his little brother is at school with him even if he pretends to not like him 75% of the time. Which totally melts my heart by the way. He's all like "Omg Gavin your so annoying" all the while also being like "Don't mess with my brother, punk".....his little bits of love snuck in are cute and sweet and just what I like to see.
So Happy First Week of School!
No comments:
Post a Comment