Friday, August 7, 2009

Say huh?

So wow, yesterday was hands down one of the oddest days....I hesitate to say worst because well I don't want to put anyone up to the challenge of proving me wrong. But it was over all a surprisingly craptastic day. Started out with good intentions, hit up the gym for Spin class (yes that makes 2 times this week I am...er was on a roll). Prior to arriving at the gym Zachary began complaining of a stomach ache, I asked him several times how it hurt etc etc. Came to the conclusion that he was probably ok (though I must admit I think I secretly knew he was probably getting sick), tried to tell myself he ate something bad or was just having a funky tummy morning. So dropped him off with his bros in childcare...made it thru Spin. Am doing the weight training thing and in walks a nursery worker...yeah your kid is sick. Lovely. so I run in snag him and apologize over and over, tell them I am sorry I was one of "those mothers". Ran Zman home, grabbed a friends 3 kiddo's, took my other 2 and off to the splash pad we went. Normally I would cancel this outing but Jakeb and his pal were excited and Zachary was ok with going home to Robert. Swing into McD's to grab lunch, am waiting in line and start seeing chasers aka lights in my eyes, ie I am about to get a migraine. Suuuhweeet! No meds available, ran into Walgreen's downed some Excedrin and braved the Sun and the heat with 5 kids for as long as I could with a migraine.
Now I will say that my migraines are not debilitating starting out. In fact they don't get THAT painful, more the nausea combined with the head ache and over all crappy feeling put me in bed to sleep it off most of the time. So I was a trooper and toughed it out as long as I could. Came home to drop the 3 little ones in bed and throw myself onto the couch. Walk in to an oddly HOT house. Robert didn't notice it but it was 80 in here and the a/c was NOT working. Are.you.flipping.kidding.me? We apparently have had MORONs put this unit in because we have had something wrong with it every season. It's 3 years old...not ok. But whatever. Get a guy out asap....manage to only drop $120 to get it fixed, thank god, thank god. Starts cooling off, headache begins to dissipate--thanks to some not so OTC meds. Zachary begins getting sick again :-( Poor boy. I sit down to check my email (and of course Fbook) only to get a crazy pop up saying I have a virus and then my computer shut down on it's own. Now this is my main computer, fortunately I back up things pretty well. But seriously someone must be playing a joke right? Oh but that's not all! Gavin then wakes up with a horrid croupy sounding cough, which he has had before but never sounding so bad. We get him set up with a breathing treatment and he calms down. And we all manage to get to sleep (though Z got sick several times in the night) So yeah...not a good day. And on Robert's end he had a really crappy day with work. Not a good day.
As for Friday...Zachary is still sick, Gavin sounds congested, I am in a slight fog from the "not so OTC meds", but the house is cold and I am in the process of repairing the computer. Currently am on the "spare" upstairs...fingers crossed I pull it off!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed