Sunday, August 2, 2009

One more Week

Of summer for the rugrats...Jakeb goes back to school next Monday, Gavin on Thursday (MDO 2 days a week), and Zachary the following Monday. While on one hand I am ready to get back into a routine...I am bummed for them that summer is coming to a close. We have done a lot this summer and it's absolutely flown by (as well as the rest of the year). Zman is completely thrilled to start school like his brother and honestly he is beyond ready and I am pretty sure thoroughly bored at home. This past week I have picked up a few things for them for the event..."First Day of School" both have a new outfit to wear and will have all their goodies. They need ZERO clothes but I did "splurge" and get them both a new outfit--both of which were on sale AND I had a fat daddy coupon as well. I am just a wee bit of a clothes freak for them...I like them to be dressed a certain way and get a tad bit carried away. Though Jakeb is starting to put the smack down on it and voice his opinions...and I am starting to hear things like "I don't know why you won't let me get what *I* want...." but he just doesn't realize I am doing this for his own good. I don't do the pretty boy preppy boy look...but prefer a bit trendy and old school apparently. Jakeb is certain that all the nasty looking Sketchers are THE shoes to wear but I keep reminding him that they are hideous...but alas I did fold and get him a pair this past year. Realizing maybe *I* am the one with no fashion sense these days...particularly when I was told "when I grow up I am buying my kids Sketchers if they want them..." and Especially when I starting recalling similar arguments with my parents, I am thinking I am the one loosing touch on what's cool these days. Though I don't think Converse is out of style...silly kids! and I don't care what anyone said when I was a kid appearance does matter....not that I would tell my kids it's THAT important and I would like think that they would care enough. Simple fact people get an opinion on a person often simply on how they appear before they ever get one on how they are. It's human nature....so yeah I get a bit over the top on the clothes thing...plus it's just down right fun. Weird I know.
Right so anyway...summer has been fun and I hate to see it end. I am trying to think of a few things to do with the boys this last week...though I am thinking we will keep it close to home since we have been on the go so much. We'll enjoy it either way!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed