Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Excuse me?

Since school started 2 weeks ago. Jakeb has asked me nearly every morning if he could stay home, whining about not wanting to go etc etc. It's gotten really old especially since he's been in school for a mere 10 days. This morning he for some reason thought that because I got him up 10 min later than normal that he was staying home. Though he was already up hence my "lateness"of coming up just to tell them to get dressed (which I shouldn't have had to do in the first place). So began our argument about why he can't stay home. He then said to me..."Well why do you get to stay home and rest all day, and I have to go to school. I am tired too." ohoh no he didn't. I nicely let him know I absolutely do not rest all day, that I spend most of my day cleaning up after he and his brothers. But maybe I should rest all day and let them do that, just sayin'. Needless to say the "I want to stay home from school" nonsense I am done with.

I did relinquish some control this morning and dropped Zachary off at the door instead of walking him in. He was fine with that, though I did wait for him to get thru the doors before pulling off...I don't remember going at this with such trepidation with Jakeb. I am sure I was just as nervous but Zachary seems so little. Gavin is not going to preschool today, the labored breathing and all seemed reason enough to get to stay home.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed