Sunday, August 23, 2009

Super Sunday 16.

Not in the mood for trying to piece together thoughts into paragraphs...this route is much better today.

1. I have been quite productive today, mopped the kitchen--if this had been the only task I did today I would still feel very productive as I despise mopping and rarely do it. Just don't lick my kitchen floor and your fine--and got Zachary's room painted. As well as one wall in Jakeb's.

2. This is all very good as we spent the better half of last night in the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital ER with a sick Gavin.

3. Gavin has asthma, so far his asthma seems to be flared up by viruses. This is what happened Friday and Saturday and finally hit a head yesterday and I gave up trying to manage it at home and we headed to the ER with him. This was his first ER visit, and he did very, very well.

4. The nurses loved him and said they wished all the patients were that good (and cute!). They set him up with a breathing treatment for 2 hours. This breathing treatment made him very jittery and sent his heart rate into the 180's, a lovely side effect. He was given a dose of Motrin and a dose of a steroid. He didn't sleep a wink the entire time we were there. We left at 1am. He does not have swine flu--good to know huh?

5. Jakeb and Zachary spent the night with Hope. Where they drove everyone in the house crazy with loud talking and giggling.

6. Because of the painting the boys are sleeping on the "couch bed" in the bonus room...right behind me.

7. As part of our "home beautification process" aka Rachel got bored and rearranged the house again...we have moved my office space into the bonus room, along with their toys, TV, and a couch. I actually really like it like this.

8. We also moved Gavin's room into what was the office, Gavin's previous room is ridiculously small and will now be a guest bedroom, once we actually put a bed in there. Which means there will be 6 various beds to sleep in here!

9. We have zilch for storage here and this does provide us with an extra closet to use which is mighty fine. I am always moving things around trying to figure out the best way to keep things organized yet accessible. This is a challenge.

10. Zachary will start his first full week of school tomorrow.

11. Jakeb is already asking if he can skip school...what am I going to do with that child.

12. I actually emailed Jakeb's teacher (and previous teacher) and guidance counselor at the school to see what they think about some of the "issues" Jakeb is having with school. Particularly not wanting to go and crying over homework. His confidence in himself is pretty low and it's troublesome for me.

13. The weather has been uh-mazing this weekend, like windows open a/c off, weather. I am loving it!

14. Jakeb asked me this past week "Hey Mommy, did you see the money you could be saving if you switched to Geico?" I am thinking we need a break from the TV.

15. He also walked up to me today and gave me his $8 from allowance because I have been telling him our money is so tight this week. He said "now you aren't poor!" Seriously could he be any sweeter?

16. I am beat. Poor Robert is too, Gavin has been glued to him all.day.long. If he even tries to walk away within 5 min Gavin is yelling "Daaaadddddyyyy". And he tells me to go away, and my feelings are not even hurt, they really aren't.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed