Another is heading off to his very first day of school tomorrow. He is VERY excited and I must admit I am pretty darn excited for him (and me) as well. It seems very strange to me that he really is old enough to go to school. Since Jakeb is the oldest and has always proved his role very thoroughly, it's odd for me to think of either Zachary or Gavin as anything but little. He will do wonderful and I am very excited for him to have activities all day long because I know he needs them. He is excited to begin learning all the things his big brother is learning, there is some definite competition there. We have his little bag packed and his name on his nap mat and pencil box. I will set out his new outfit tonight and pack his lunch in the morning. Tomorrow is only a half day for him and he will leave after lunch. It's going to be strange packing up 2 lunches and 2 back-packs and 2 snacks, what's even stranger still is that in 2 short years I will be packing 3 of each!
We spent this weekend rather busy but in a low-key way. Friday night the older boys and I spent the night at "Pappy's House" so we could get him breakfast and spend some time with him on Saturday. We spent the better part of Saturday at his house and Robert and I stained the deck for him (looks great!). The nice thing about going to my grandfathers house is that even though we are gone and even though we were working I still always leave feeling relaxed. I love it there, I miss it there, I wish I could give my kids the quietness of living "in the country". Though 25 min away from Nashville is hardly in the sticks...it's just perfect for me.
Here are a few pictures from Jakeb's first days of 2nd grade. He's off to a great start and I think his teacher will be great!
This one is from the 2hr day.


And the first full day...his teacher had them T-shirts to wear for the first day...
1 comment:
Oh just noticed his shirt.......is his teacher's name Bingham? So is Ty's LOL
Post a Comment