Monday, August 24, 2009

Well that was fun..

So we are off to a bumpy start this Monday. We got up and out the door for school on time, however on the way to school we ran into some "traffic" ie the cars in front of me stopped suddenly which caused me to stop suddenly, as well as the cars behind me. Which of course caused a fender bender...thank god not with me but the car directly behind me got slammed into by the car behind them. Yikes was that a crunchy sound, and their front end crumpled. We debated on whether or not I should stop, I mean I did kinda see it happen however not really since it was behind me, plus if I stayed the kids would be very late. So on we went, I called Robert and he reassured me I was ok to go. So off to school we went, send Jakeb on to his class and walked Zachary to his. At which point I realize Zachary is awfully quiet, so ask him what's up and he tells me he doesn't want to go and doesn't want me to leave. Uhoh. We get to class, he drops off his things with his little locker and I go to tell him bye in class and he starts dropping the gigantic tears he gets. Yep, he cried :( Poor baby I hated to go and we waited for his teacher to be able to give him some attention and off I went. I wish I had thought to tell him I would come eat lunch with him because that would have solved any and all tears I am virtually positive, but now I am afraid to go and that he will cry when I leave then. We'll see how the day goes as to whether or not I can get there. Gavin is doing better but I don't know that I should drag him into the school. But I felt so bad for my poor Zman this morning. I am sure his day will be just fine.

ETA: Lunch with Zman was great, no tears and he was doing fine. Also sorry for the giant cluster of thoughts up there...that hurt my head to read. Wow.

1 comment:

NICK, ANGIE, SAM, AND DREW said...

Poor Zach! My sister had the same problem this morning with Grace. She didn't like that she had to go to school everyday. They will get used to it. Poor kiddos.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed