One of the things I wish I was better at as a parent (though I could think of probably 347..this is one of the larger items). Is playing and spending time doing something the KIDS enjoy--instead of things I enjoy and make them suffer through while telling them how great it is! I openly admit that I am just not a player...I am more of an observer, and avid watcher of playees. But every once in a blue moon I snag a kid and play a game or crash cars together with them for just a wee bit, and today Gavin and I sat down together and did a puzzle and played with one of our very favorite games we have. It's
my favorite because it's a matching game and matching games were one of my favorites as a kid and because it's oh so very cool especially for the little guys! It's
their favorite because it's 10 little figures that come apart! A friend had this at her house and I just had to track it down, my only luck at first was on Amazon.com who wanted $50 for it...which is just insane no matter how great the game is, but then I found it on Ebay were I snagged it for $30 with shipping. Still pricey but considering what it is I splurged. So if you stumble upon this anywhere...get it I promise it's a hit!
Gavin and I playing...and I am laughing so hard because he kept trying to look at the camera and I was telling him not to look just play the game--after all we wanted to look natural! haha

Gavin looking hehe...

His favorite...

No comments:
Post a Comment