The bus was late today bringing Boy1 home. THE man was much more nervous about this than I was, as I knew that this happens and the friendly school people don't bother to contact parents to let them know (although I do know this would be a difficult task). A friend of mine recently waited an HOUR for her child only to discover the bus had broken down...thanks for the heads up. Seriously had that not happened to her...I would have been beside myself with worry. Anyhow...so it was 40min late...at the 30min late mark I look up the transportation number and we give them a call. We discover that yes the bus is on the side of the road, but no it's not broken down...it's waiting for the seat to be taken off the floor to get the CHILD out from under it. The child (who lives across the street actually) thought it would be a good idea to crawl underneath the seat and get himself stuck. Are.you.kidding.me? Way to go genius. So ok great some dingbat got stuck under the seat...so we ask if we can go get Boy1 off the bus, and I grab my keys to go grab him as he had to be at karate in 30 min. As I leave I see parents waiting and worrying...so I let them know what's going on and as I start to leave again up comes the bus. 40min late. And full of kids with a story to tell....I mean they had police men and an ambulance after all. Geesh.
For what it's worth I know the kid who got stuck...he's not a dingbat....he's actually a pretty sweet kid, but um seriously what in the world was he thinking? They did at least call his mother and see if she wanted him to be taken to the ER. To which she said uh is he hurt?...no...well then noooo. LOL.
Boy1 was barely phased...he seriously barely even spoke about it...instead he stomped off mad that I was making him go to karate when he "JUST GOT HOME!". Um sorry kid you insisted for months you want to do karate...we signed a big fat check just so you can so you are going.
So lesson of the day...tell your child that it's NOT a good idea to crawl under the seats on the bus. not.a.good.idea.at.all.
3 comments:
Ha! Too funny. :)
That's funny!
Smart kid. ;)
Post a Comment