Saturday, December 6, 2008

Seriously...

Do you realize that we have less than 3 weeks until Christmas!? Holy Guacamole!? My friend and I hit up Toys R Us this morning...wowzers was that place a mad house. We swung by the drive thru and ate in the car watching people and it struck me that while Christmas is supposed to be this fun happy holiday instead it's this spending, buy this and that, stressed out holiday. People are stressed trying to figure out how in the world they are going to buy gifts for everyone on their list or stressed because they can't find that perfect toy that little Johnny is asking for....and I am not sure when it happened but that is what it's become. So to me it's just down right sad....we are ok this year, we can actually afford to swing gifts for people AND pay our bills...and it's sad that in past times it was buy for so and so...or....pay the house bill...it's sad because we aren't the only ones. I get that it's the "season for giving" but um yeah I think it's been marketed to death and it's just nuts. Don't get me wrong I LOVE, LOVE giving gifts to people, LOVE it....but it just gets excessive. There are people who can't even afford to buy food or pay for a place to LIVE yet we run around make sure we buy the ride on dinosaur or pony that little prince(ss) wanted...I mean come on. Am I the only one that finds it disheartening? I guess I do a lot of talk and little do to make me feel better about the situations around us...in fact I just get sucked right in and buy, buy (I did not and would NOT get a flippin' ride on dinosaur...) like the rest of America. But I do try to be aware and am really working on being better. I just can't help but think of all those that can't...and how 50 years ago it just wasn't like this--at least not to this extreme. ....ugh and as I sit here typing this I am listening to all of the commercials sucking my 2 in with their promise of grandeur toys....

2 comments:

The Foley 5 said...

GUILTY! Not because we can't pay our bills or because we bought "Kota". We did however give in and buy this for Parker ..

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/185-0818997-9233123?asin=B0015UXJOI&afid=yahoossplp&lnm=B0015UXJOI|Fisher-Price_Imaginext_Spike_the_Ultra_Dinosaur&ref=tgt_adv_XSMG1060

Angie Morris said...

You hit the nail on the head!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed