Wow was that quick or what? Our tree is down and everything is put away...Christmas has come and gone so quickly that I am thinking maybe it didn't actually come this year, because it was a blur. The new toys and empty boxes prove otherwise but the damage was small this year so we aren't feeling the clutter maddness TOO terribly bad...or at least not as bad as it has been in the past. We managed to avoid going overboard this year and am quite proud of that...it's so easy to do that but we stayed level headed-ish and the kids got just the right amount. No breaking the bank and overly overly stimulated kids all is right.
Boy1 got his didj he's been talking about for months (his big gift), Boy2 got a new bike so he can hit the streets in style, and boy3 got a geotrax train set that he is quite infatuated with already. They were too cute this year...boy1 and 2 are completely into it and anxiously wait for Santa to come. Boy1 actually began asking when he could go to bed about 6pm on Christmas Eve so that Santa would come. Boy3 was super cute and shouted a couple "awesome!'s" when he opened gifts.
THEman and I of course did our gift exchanging with them...we never go too crazy for each other clothes and other little knick knacks the other wants. He did good this year with his selections too!
We are plum tuckered out today...I stayed up much too late again reading on Christmas night and we had to be up early to do Christmas with my mom. She was ever so kind and let the boys stay the night with her last night so THEman and I could go out with some friends. We had a blast...we went HERE and to see THEM.....very good. and then hit up some Guitar Hero World Tour with some peeps til the way too wee hours of the morning. Needless to say my eyes are puffy and my ears are ringing...does that mean I am getting old? When loud music starts effect me even after sleeping for a few hours? hehe.
The rugrats are out of school this next week and we may hit up Chat-town for a day or two this week or over the weekend. Or we may kick it home style for the week OR we may hit up some other nearby town with our awesomeness....the plan has yet to unfold...we shall see. I am hoping for a day or 2 away myself but I suppose that's not too surprising. My feet get antsy pretty quickly and I need a change of scenery pretty often. Plus the kids like the pool at the hotel hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment