Friday, November 7, 2008

Hooligans and a wannabe

I lately have felt that the boys have been just out of control wild A LOT. Something I have continued to say I would not let happen. Just because they are boys doesn't mean they have to act nuts OR have an excuse to do so. And I pride myself (or did) in the many, many compliments I recieve on their behavior in public. Seriously I would say 1 out of 10 times we go out (and remember we go out a lot) I have someone walk by and tell me how well behaved they are...I always feel shocked because I typically feel otherwise, so it's nice to hear. Especially lately because Boy2 and Boy3 particularly have a tendency to get W-I-L-D and unruly pretty quickly. Boy2 has serious issues with throwing things and just over all getting rowdy. Boy3 has issues with a great many things the biggest of which is just overall not listening. Today at Targe' they were hanging, jumping, and pushing the cart...the big monster truck version of a shopping cart the one that can plow down innocent children and entire racks of merchandise in 10 seconds flat so it was just NOT acceptable behavior. I was good and stomped us right out of a "treat" aisle for the said misbehavior....anyway as we swing by the bathroom for potty breaks and I give them both a stern talking to, boy2 agrees and says ok, boy3...laughs at me. Like just stood there grinning at me like it's just no big deal...he seriously doesn't get it or doesn't care...I am thinking the latter. Anyway we have to figure out how to crack down and reel this nutty behavior back in...boy1 seems to be able to keep things in check relatively easily unless of course a friend is in tow then it's a free for all. Consistency is key right? So no more of the "if you don't stop..." or "I am taking x away..." follow thru...right. And in case you are wondering this is partially sparked by this GOOD READ. Although it's been an issue for awhile...so it was a good thing to stumble upon...a bit more realistic for me.
And onto me the wannabe....today I popped into Boy1's class because I had 30 min to kill while I waited for my friends son that I had agreed to take to speech (mom had to work)....so I popped in and all but begged for something to do. And really while I do like being in Boy1's class...it's not just that it's his class. In 2nd grade I gave a report "What I want to be when I grow up..." it was a teacher, I even dressed the part and have a picture of me sitting up there telling about it. Anyway that dream stayed with me until I was in college when I decided maybe that's not what I want....but then there's that part of me that still wants to be up there doing it. So I really love being in the classroom with the kids, seeing how it works during the day, interacting with the kids. Boy1 is my "way in" plus he loves me being there and I love seeing how interacts with the other kids and just how the classrom works. Plus his teacher is great with them, I think! And she lets me be there, so that's awesome :)

We took the boys to Madagascar: Return to Africa this afternoon...ok GREAT movie, one of the better cartoons I have seen in a long time. Definitely a must see!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Read the good read. It was great. LOL! I do have a naughty corner that I only use every couple of weeks. I guess I have bratty boot camp too, because sometimes they will be in the corner 3 or 4 times in one day. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed