Yes yes the baby is sleeping and I am watching the clock and realizing I am down to roughly maybe 14 minutes. So here I am trying really quickly to remember what it was I thought to blog about yesterday afternoon while driving home from Target. Of course I can't remember so instead I will ramble on about nothing.
Target is my place to go...as it seems many like to go. Our Super Target is nice and quiet-ish and clean and going without children makes it quieter and cleaner. So yesterday I ran quick out the door about 27 seconds after Robert got home...quick quick before the baby is hungry and ready for bed. I came home approximately 45 minutes later feeling refreshed and surprised that just a few minutes of alone time and a few minutes of music playing and open windows on a sunshiney day does that for me. I am glad for that. While I love spending every waking {and sleeping} minute with my kiddo's...from time to time I know I must go and hit a reset button. Because it's hard. Being needed this way, it's wonderful and happy but it's hard too. And this baby oh we are loving this boy so very much and his happy smiles after a frustrating 15 minute nap and his talky talking.
I came home last night to Zachary trying to teach himself "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" on my iPad piano app and also requesting that we drag out the keyboard so he can learn there too. And he did! Wow. It's not hard but wow...he kept at it until he got it. And friends he also wrote down the keys--like on his own wrote them down so he knew which to hit. That boy amazes me everyday. And also Jakeb and Robert were trying to tackle some soccer practice--specifically soccer ball to the head practice. Jakeb isn't keen on having a ball hit him in the head, on purpose? No thanks. And quite frankly I can't blame him--it goes against every bone in his body to let that ball hit him in the head. Personally I think it's a relatively unnecessary skill. Sure it looks cool but also? Me thinks hard ball+head=no goodo for the braino. No to mention I know what the guy is thinking aside from it hurting it probably looks a little goofy so he's not really feeling it. He however has already scored 3 goals this season and loves to play so I think he's good. I also think it's amazing that he is enjoying playing, if you knew Jakeb 5 years ago you would know why I say this. He's come a long way baby.
And so as not to leave out the blonde boy--did I mention he is reading? As in reading everything in site and did I also mention that I learned with Jakeb not to push it and also that's what kindergarden is for? If not then here is some advice--if your kiddo just isn't interested and you are fighting more than enjoying learning to read. Don't push it. Because we fought and cried and lost our patience and somehow Jakeb learned to read and by the way loves to read. So when Gavin came around and it seemed we were heading down the same path of him nervous and apprehensive about reading out loud to us...I backed off and by george if he isn't reading and enjoying it. And also the kiddo will amaze you with his perfect penmanship. Like not kidding around when I say perfect--it's perfect.
Have a happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment