Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Storyteller.

I have a sleeping baby strapped to my chest....yes he snoozes quite well right here.  Everywhere else not so much.  He will however crash asleep in seconds if you catch him at the right time--he will not however stay asleep for more than 30 minutes.
Zachary and Gavin stayed home from school today one with a croupy cough and one with an upset stomach.  One will go back tomorrow and the other not sure just yet.  They spent a portion of their day watching home videos from nearly a decade ago.  Crazy.   
Of course now Zman is watching Karate kid which is several decades ago.  Also crazy. 
I wonder when I will start to feel like a grown up...I suppose the kids and house and you know life would lead one to feel older but not so much.  I still sit with my legs curled up like a 8 year old and I still drink kool-aid (had some for lunch!) but I also read labels and wash my hands before they are sticky and gross.  I wash my own clothes and try to eat things that are relatively healthy.  (minus the Kool-aid!)  
Currently there are blankets and snack bowls laying on the living room floor and a TV blaring and the washing machine washing and the dishwasher washing.  There are dishes in the sink {they wouldn't fit} and a snoozing 4 and half month old on my chest.  Yet most of my day I have to remind myself that I in fact need to put my own shoes away and that the socks I took off are indeed my responsibility.  Which of course blows my mind....I suppose I haven't hit the halfway point of grown up life just and maybe that is the key?  More of my life on my own than living at home?  So at 36?  Is that the magic number...I hope I just continue to feel young at heart.   That I am still ok to curl my legs up and high five my husband.  Which um hello...so our van (I mean for real I drive a van, duh) was missing a hubcap--which how it came to miss said hubcap is a story on it's own--it's been missing for months and months and it was one of those things that I would only remember when I was around certain people--like you know as Robert pulls the van up to the hospital to bring our new baby home.  I was embarrassed because you know only bad parents are missing hubcaps the shame.  No really--you know it's a silly thing really but a bit embarrassing none the less but at the same time I just didn't want to shell out the dough for a new one and also didn't put the effort forth to find a new one.  Just something about lady with a tiny baby riffling thru a junk yard didn't appeal to me.  Anyway.  Robert and I both have joked about how we glance at hubcaps on the side of the road hoping we will spot one that matches ours...well FINALLY we did.  Totally busted a u-turn the other day and rescued a lonely abandoned hubcap on the side of the road...who now has a entire hubcap family to call it's own.  Which picking up a hubcap on the side of the road is much better than the hats my dad used to snag.  Really he did.  I remember "Oh that's a hat!" and him also doing a quick screeching halt to grab the hat.  So funny.  
And the baby is still sleeping.  And my back thinks that have a sleeping baby in a carrier whilst sitting this way and typing this way is a not wise idea so I must move on now...but btw I do indeed realize I tell stories a bit too detailed.  I however cannot get myself to stop and leave things out because I promise it's crucial to the story...really it is.  

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed