Bringing back all my nerves I got every time I went to a new school or new class. Many times I got them just going. I really don't know why, from my memory I had a decent time in school. Other than my memories of Kindergarten where I got made fun of for bringing a black baby doll to school. I wish I still had the doll. I loved that doll. I remember getting it. I had drooled over it at the store. When I was allowed to get it, I excitedly ran to where it was in the store. All the white babies were sold. So I shrugged and got the black one--I didn't care. I just loved the doll. But other than that time I don't remember it being horrible, I didn't get teased or beat up. I just was there. Yet I remember loathing school, anxious every time I went. And starting a new school--was almost unbearable.
So now that the boys are getting ready to start--a new school. I feel for them. Especially Jakeb. I haven't said too much to them, I don't want them nervous just because I am. Zachary isn't as worried yet. Though he did have a hard time in Kindy this past year, at least a handful of times I left him crying. Yet he did fantastic all year.
Their new school however is small. Very small. So I think for me them, this might be fantastic. It's an old, ugly building. But so far everyone we have met has been fantastic. We walked in last week to drop off paperwork and the woman I have met twice instantly knew who we were. That has to be good right?
Summer has come to an end and I am nervous. But ready to get it over with and excited to meet their teachers tomorrow. I may or may not already scoped out the school website reading about the 5 teachers that could be one of their teachers. We'll see!
1 comment:
Good luck! I so understand this anxiousness. I never had it myself going to school, however based on David's reaction last year I'm sure I'll have it every first day going forward for my boys!! I'm sure J and Z will have great first days.
Post a Comment