Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Picture room

For as long as I can remember I have been "the picture taker". I used to make my brothers pose...my dogs, my cats, my own face. Now that I have children--Oh.my.god. I don't think I can take enough pictures. Everyone gives me a hard time. I take lots of pictures. I really want each and everyone on display all day. All my memories I forgot. Memories preserved forever on that tiny sheet of paper--and now a tiny little disk. Memories I most certainly will and have forgotten. Until. Until--I see them again. They are my tiny treasures. Little things like the fact that when Jakeb was little he would sit up straight and tall, stretch out his tiny little arms and legs and twirl his hands and feet. Something I had forgotten completely and then I saw a picture and immediately remembered and knew exactly what he was doing in that photo.
I think the best solution to this is to devote a room and wallpaper it all with photos--I could step in to my memory room and just twirl around oohing and ahhing and remembering. Think of the perfection of this. Big ones, little ones, happy ones, sad ones. All of them for all to see. For me to see and envelop me self in. Oh Happy Day.
For the past hour or so I have been scrolling thru photos as I add old ones to the new hard drive. I am hoping to better organize them and finally have a better computer and larger hard drive in which to do so. I have glance thru quickly and keep getting peaks of happy baby faces, chubby cheeks, and friends I haven't seen in years. I keep thinking why aren't these out...I want to see this all day long. I need a solution. While a picture room sounds fantastic it might be a bit alarming for those who visit.
Really though...who wouldn't want to look at faces like these...

Jakeb 3 months


Zachary 16 months

Gavin 2 months


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed