The sex conversation came up when we started talking about doctor visits and why the doctor checks out his boy parts--to make sure they are developing as they should. Both his parts...so the word testicles came up. Despite being told before what they were he claimed he didn't know. I told him again and went on to say that when he's older they have sperm in them and they help make babies. Which of course the question of HOW came up. I then said well they go with the egg that the mommy has. To which he wanted further explanation. I said the S-E-X word--one I have wondered about..what he thought about it and what he knew. Which was zero. He thought it was the same as Sexy. He now knows that people have sex to have babies but doesn't now what exactly it is. He got to asking how and just saying sex to him was enough for me...so I asked him how he thought it happened. His response..."well a man lays in a bed thingy and it transports over to the woman..." Yep! That's exactly it. His innocence is wonderful and he's so just whatever about it all. The conversation was not too bad but mostly because I didn't actually have to explain the real deal...I almost did and yet again dodged a bullet. Because when it came right down to it, I just couldn't say it. After all he's only 8 and so innocent and naive. I did tell him he is absolutely NOT to talk about it with other children, especially his little brothers. And pretty much he listens but we'll see.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Let's talk about sex baby...
This past weekend Jakeb and I made a brief trip up to Nash'vegas. He for some friend visiting and me for a newborn session. It's nice bringing just one kiddo...4 hours in the car is a good chance for some nice conversations especially now that they are getting older. About half way into our trip north, Jakeb and I got into a chat about you know what. Over the past several months I have asked nonchalant questions scoping out exactly what he knows. Questions like sooo what do you boys talk about at school? Ever talk about kissing girls and stuff? Hmm...pretty much they talk about it but that's about it. The discussion of boobies has come up and apparently he thinks I have huge ones. Which is so far from the truth and slightly strange having your 8 year old giggle and say you have HUGE boobs. Weirdness all over that--but that conversation was had a few weeks back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad your boys are older than my daughter! You can pass on all these experiences to me! ;-)
Post a Comment