Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sick, Sicker, Sickest

We are dealing with our first round of illness rolling thru the house this winter.  It has struck all 4 boys--yes including the baby.  Gavin brought it in and it seems Nolan is taking it out.  Gavin was diagnosed with Pneumonia this past Friday (a first!) and Nolan with RSV yesterday (also a first!).  Jakeb has an ear infection and Zachary is still holding steady with just a funky cough and some snot.  So far we are getting mild versions so I can handle it...but a 2 month old with a cough and wheezing is just not fun and RSV!. Though when is it ever fun--but 2 months makes it another ball game.  He is completely taking it like a champ though--for real babe is still smiley and chatty.  He's the happiest RSV baby.  He is also kiddo #4 to "sport the mask".   He rocked out his first breathing treatment today and impressed the doctor with both his neck muscles and his ability to happily have smoke blown in his face.  Good times.   So it's a bummer for that but I am feeling much better now knowing that if I get worried I can give him this and it should help...and also yesterday Dr. gave us an Rx of amox but it seemed a bit like a "just in case" so I pretty much decided no thanks on that--becuase uh hello two month old on antibiotics uh no.  And today Dr. said let's just skip that, thank you very much.  So we will deal with albuterol--aka inhaled steroids but will skip the amoxicillin.  And accept that it is what it is and somehow for some reason unbeknownst to me these little boys all 4 of them need a little breathing boost when they are bitty.   'Spose it could be worse.
And I think it might mean I drink too much coffee when it's splattered all over my keyboard...that or I am messy...or both.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed