Two whole months have passed since we welcomed sweet baby Nolan into the world and I still look at him in awe that he is here. In 2 months he has changed our lives more than I imagined and only for the better. At 2 months he is smiling every chance he gets...at our voices, our smiling faces, and even his toys. He is "talking" and his favorite sounds are "aaaaAAAaaa" and the occasional "gu" he is learning that he can control how loud he makes his voice and this week seems to enjoy making it louder. At 2 months I am impressed with his chatty-ness.
"You, I'm talking to you!"
At his 2 month check-up he weighed in at 12lbs 7.2oz and 22 1/2 inches long. He seems to be the happiest baby of the bunch and is easy peasy. He sleeps like a dream at night waking once or twice to eat and never making a peep. I hear him stirring and feed him and he drifts back off to sleep quickly and easily in fact I don't think he really even wakes. We do have off nights here and there where he seems to stir a lot and I wake up feeling as if I played the in and out game with his paci all night. But most nights are nearly perfect. Napping during the day is another story and he seems to prefer to cat nap 30-45 min here and there or even just 15. In fact it seems he may be taking after his big bro Zman and fighting sleep as much as he can. Unless we are out running errands then he often snoozes the day away in his car seat quite happily. At 2 months he loves his play mat, his swing, and bouncy seat. He loves to sit in his bouncy chair and watch me piddle around in the kitchen....I stop and chit chat with him and he smiles and smiles and chit chats right back. I am surprised I haven't burned more dinners with my little happy distraction. A sure way to get him snoozing is to pop him in one of the carriers I have for him--right now we are switching between the Moby and the Baby Hawk mei tai. He is content in either and often goes right to sleep and will snooze the day away. We noticed a few weeks ago that he is preferring to keep his head turned to the left and it seems to be causing some "molding" on his head so we are now trying to encourage him to turn his head the other direction as much as possible. As well as working on more "tummy time". I am not worried about it and know we will be diligent in getting it all rounded back out! Much as the rest of his body has!
His big brothers can't get enough of him and are eager to help any way they can...we all pretty much think he rocks. Happy 2 months Nolan!
Here are his 2 month shots! (I am not impressed with the quality of these...A) he was fussy and not in the mood for a picture party and B)the lighting on January 8th was poo--thanks to wintery blah and rain and C) I used my flash and have all
sorts of shadows...anyway he's still cute!)
1 comment:
I like how he's holding the giraffe this month. I love that you are doing these. They are wonderful evidence of the amazing growth process of the first year! :)
Post a Comment