Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rainy Day.

So first things....we found out yesterday we got our APPROVAL from Col*mbia!!!   I am feeling a bit conflicted with that...because we are so caught up with this sweet little baby but if he wasn't here we would be jumping with joy over this milestone.  And also freaking out that it took until NOVEMBER to get approved.  But it is what it is and I just have to roll with that.  So our official date is November 18.  Awesomeness!
It's a super dreary morning here and we are all lounging in our PJ's...granted we would be doing that even if it was a super sunny morning.  I am planning to load these 4 boys up and take them to a indoor play place for a couple hours today...or maybe just an hr and a half.  The little home bodies can only take so much of the outside world before they are nearly begging to go home.
Speaking of 4 boys...yes I have 4 of them and no I am not a saint and no I don't have patience coming out my ears.  No I am not sure how I do it, I just do because it's what you do.  Honestly it feels no different to me than 2 kids or 1 or 4 girls it's just my life and I don't think a thing about it.  I was thinking about that recently and was thinking how everyone gasps and thinks oh my goodness 4 boys but it certainly doesn't feel that way to me.  I don't really think of it is 4 boys more just 4 kids but even then it's still no big deal.   It doesn't upset me that people respond that way but it's funny because I am always like oh yeah I guess it IS different but it just really is ok I promise.  What's funnier still is that I find my self saying things like "Oh wow" or "Oh my goodness" when people say they have 4 or 5 kids....and then go Hello, my life, Duh.
Right now I have 2 of the 4 asking me to make waffles and asking again.  Like they are starving but really they don't even know what starving is they just know they are hungry and want food right now.  I thought of that recently too how when we are hungry we eat and if we are really hungry we get all OMG I am staaarrrvvving I have to get food RIGHT NOW.  We are so used to instant gratification but in so many many places around this big ole world it just isn't like that.  We don't really know hunger or need.   My 3 little big boys who just got brand spanking new DS's from their uncle.   So anyway right...I suppose I should go fix their waffles and take them to play...these 4 little boys who are part of my life.  Lucky me.  :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

So what does your approval mean? Does it have to be renewed after a certain period of time? I'm excited for you, and totally understand the conflicted feelings.

Rachel said...

It means we are officially on the really long wait list. Our home study and uscis will have to be renewed probably several times thru the wait. BUT despite all that it all goes on hold for a year because of the baby. Then we have to get reapproved but don't lose our place in line. Either way looking at about 3-4 years. Definitely not what we expected when we started a year ago...but we will hang tight!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed