And what's really funny is the more grandparents and friends and even their parents tell them "you really need a haircut" the more they don't want one. Which just makes me giggle and do a mental "haha" because I am the same way.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Just cut it.
I or We have this parenting philosophy that some don't agree with completely. I suppose it's not really a philosophy it's just a tactic, a choice we have made when it comes to letting the boys make decisions about themselves. We have had a good deal of folks let us know they don't agree but it is what works and we go with it. It's a silly thing to worry over really....you are going to laugh when I tell you I am talking about their hair. Anyone who has seen Jakeb anytime in the last 5 years knows he is typically sporting long shaggy hair...it's his thing. He has fantastic hair that the rest of his family is jealous over and because of that he loves his longer locks. Zachary this past year decided he too would like to give long hair a go...his hair rocks some pretty cute curls but is much thinner and is pretty fine so while his is darn cute it just doesn't look exactly like I think he was hoping it would. So they are pretty much allowed to choose what they would like to do with their hair. You want it long okie doke...you want it short sure thing...mohawk...ummmm oookkk. It's their hair and I feel like they need to be able to make decisions for themselves especially regarding their own appearance. Sure, sure I get it they are kids and our job as parents it to help guide them but the funny thing is...I want them to learn this sort of thing on experience. So while many have told us "I would just make them cut their hair" I disagree....and you know what? Zachary requested a haircut yesterday. He got one and looks cute...he looks cute either way though. And after all it's just hair. We certainly don't let them make every decision on their own but when it comes to hair it's all theirs. Literally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment