1. Yesterday I had my 30 week appt. Whoa 30 weeks.....so we are roughly 8-10 weeks away from somebody's birthday
2. Last week I washed all the newborn clothes...you know the ones they outgrow very quickly especially big babies which I have a history of having (thank you very much Zachary). Except it was 2 loads of newborn clothes, mmmhmm did I mention we have a new higher capacity washing machine? Because we do...so that tells you that someone got carried away buying baby clothes again.
3. Our neighbor has 2 dogs that like to try to ruin my quiet mornings--they typically succeed. The are currently alternating barking and one is doing a howl bark thing that is really annoying. What's worse is that they stand in the corner of the yard that directly faces our living room. As Zachary has said...What the how?
4. What the how? Is way to close to What the hell. So we have of course told him that was yet another word/phrase that just couldn't be said. We are having these sorts of conversations regularly. I am pretty sure they think they can't say anything ever.
5. Trying to figure out the appropriate age for appropriate language is hard. Obviously what the hell is a no no....but when are things like crap, crud, shoot, butt, even dumb or stupid. I know the last two some are all like well we never say that...but folks that's dumb. I totally say all those words and worse and trying to figure out when it's ok to let some words fly is hard as they get older. Jakeb is going on 10 you know. Pretty much I told them there are words I know they are going to say around their friends but they need to know when it's ok to talk that way around adults--which is like um never.
6. Holy crap (haha see I say them) I just typed that Jakeb is going on 10. As in 2 digits, as in a decade, as in a preteen. Eek.
7. We had a wee bit of drama go down in the last 12 hours with Zman's football team. Somehow we get wrapped..er drug...into drama and are so totally clueless when it happens that we are like huh? What the How...because for realz we are not the drama type like at all yet it seems to creep up from time to time unbeknownst to us. Leaving us "going what just happened here and how in the world we did get drug into this...."
8. On a good note Zman is totally coming around about football...and we are too. At first we were all like "holy moly this is a lot" now we are like "holy moly why are you not knocking that kid down!!?" And "you are so playing again next year because this is exciting!" I mean I am not all about sitting down and "watching the game" on TV or anything that drastic but I am learning what various positions are---or ok just that there's a defensive line and an offensive line past that I am still clueless.
9. Fall break is next week. I am super excited about that!
10. Gavin totally did not want to go to school this morning...we are having to do the tough love thing about it because if he sees one inclining of us cracking he will weasel his way in and do full on dramatics. It's hard because while it may seem we are unsympathetic it's not the case....it's a bummer dude. This morning he told me he doesn't "even care to learn what 10x10 is" I reminded him he needed to learn to read too and he was all like yeah well um no don't need that either.
11. That darn steam cleaner is still sitting in the middle of the floor.
12. I really really need to go to the grocery store this morning but I really really don't want to. Bleh.
No comments:
Post a Comment