Pretty cute eh?Here's what I did....
Repainted these 4 little canvas's...they hung in Jakeb's room when he was a little boy (because he's not so little now and is over the trucks *sigh*)
Printed each of these ABC "cards", cut them, glued them to cardstock, and coated with mod podge...
Snagged some scrapbook paper that went with his room...some extra colors just for some extra colors. Accordion folded and then unfolded and taped/glued 2 pieces of matching paper together...slapped a button on the seam and hung 'em up!
Puff balls are tissue paper accordion fold and unfold for fluffiness...
Also I painted the dresser...which is a special dresser because Robert bought that dresser for me for our first Christmas together. We were still dating and I didn't have a dresser for my clothes...so he bought this one and stained it all up for me. It was a natural finish and all 3 (soon to be 4!) boys have used it in their "baby" room. I painted it up this go round for some extra color in little ones room. I still need to get knobs for the top drawer that will happen eventually. I honestly haven't really even looked but I want something fun--not cutesy! Spray painted the bins under the window as well...those were red and blue and used to house the boys toys....now that they are bigger they don't have as many toys that go in the bins like they should so they could part with 2 sets of them.
Overall I am super pleased with how it all came together!The bedding is the Eli Elephant set from PBK. I don't typically get any blankets from PBK but loved the stroller one they had in the store that went with the set so I did splurge and get that it's hanging on the end of the crib. I didn't get the quilt. The curtains I got on Ebay. My mom bought the crib, Robert's parents the mattress and some extra sheets, I snagged the changing table from Walmart. I am pretty sure the crib and changing table are the cheapest around but they were exactly what I was wanting. So score! Black Jenny Lind...there ya go! Rocking chair was my grandmother's (my dad's mom) and totally not paintable for like another 50 years or so when it looks raggedy! She also made the afghan that is hanging up on the back of the chair. The sun over the crib used to hang in my grandmother's (my mom's mom) condo in Florida, I don't know if anyone else loves it as much as I do but it's one of my favorite wall hangings we own. Also not shown is the cradle that my brothers and I all slept in...none of the boys really ever slept in it per-say but they did lay in it at least.
1 comment:
The room looks great!!!! Awesome job!!!!
Post a Comment