Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cloth diapers and slings and boobies

I have nursed each of my kids well past 1 year of age. Something I am both shocked at and proud of. When Jakeb was born I went into the whole breastfeeding thing thinking I may nurse him for 2 months, or 4 or who knows....as each month rolled past I couldn't believe it. Then came Zachary whose beginnings into nursing were a bit more tumultuous for me...and him as we soon learned he had reflux and based on the vomit stain that ended up on the wall 3 feet from the bed it was evident it existed. He then nursed for 22 months and that is beyond shocking. And I often find myself justifying that to others but when really it's no big deal. But by the time Gavin came around it was a breeze and also a bit demanding. Afterall 7+ years of having someone else depend on you for you know life is a bit overwhelming.
I gave cloth diapering a try with Zman but gave up after finding him soaked in his bed more times than not..it seems I can recall giving them a whirl with Gavin and also giving up for probably the same reasons. I am thinking I would like to give them a whirl again...afterall the cuteness factor is just about enough of a reason for me. But eesh it's overwhelming....finding the right diaper for the right kid...so we'll see.
I did the snugli with Jakeb from time to time and the Baby Bjorn with Zachary quite often with Gavin we did the Bjorn and often tossed him a sling as he got older. So this go round I am quite looking forward to slings and carriers to try...especially since they have gotten so much neater! I know lame sauce that I think baby slings and carriers are neato schmeato but from someone who has babies that like to snuggle they are a lifesaver! Really this post is all over the grid....and lest you think we are all crunchy over hear....my kids had Eggo's with Mrs. Butterworths fake (but oh so tasty) syrup for breakfast. I mean Eggo's are like da bomb and I have been eating them at least once a week since I was like 15...even with a few frozen waffle strikes thrown in. Yum.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed