Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our summer so far.

First off school starts in 3 weeks. Um, can we say holy guacamole? First off I have one starting kindergarden in 3 weeks...secondly it's in 3 weeks! Ack. The summer hasn't gone exactly as I envisioned--firstly in that it is going by much too fast and secondly we have had a few hiccups in our time that have made this a summer to not forget in not such a good way. Having said all that I really feel that the boys are doing exactly what they want with their time off for good grades--and that is absolutely nothing. Most days they are 110% ok with sitting at home playing with their various toys--aka whatever the obsession of the week is, currently we are rolling with transformers hard core, or watching a show or 2 or 10, or playing a video game for a bit. My immediate reaction is oh no, no, no--this is not good, this is NOT a summer of fun---we aren't adventuring around the state and we certainly are not spending most of our days lounging by the pool. But then it occurred to me to A) we are doing exactly what the kids want and B) quit stressing and enjoy that the boys want to chill at home--for free and indoors. I did manage craft time one day this week...which turned out to be a borderline flop, but I still have a few more activities that hopefully we can pull off before the summer is over. Actually I have several it's just a matter of you know...doing them.
Our washing machine decided this morning was a good time to start acting all crazy by pouring water all over the floor. I am pretty sure this is an attempt to go on strike because we had the boys throw all of their sheets and quilts down to be washed--and it has been slightly overworked as of late. I am hoping a little TLC from Robert will help turn it around and if that doesn't work maybe a good kick in the motor from me will convince it. Of course as I type this I am listening to the dryer getting angry about the extra wet blanket I was forced to toss into it...I hope it's just doing a little bitching about the extra work and not actually thinking of joining it's washing friend in revolt. This is not a good situation for any of us. I guess this is just another example of why I should be glad the boys don't want to go outside and get muddy or go to the pool and dirty up towels and swim clothes...

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed