Friday, July 15, 2011

Best Bros.



(these pictures are from July of last year)

The boys state this to each other frequently enough that it certainly can't go without documenting. That at least now at 9, 7, and 5 they consider each other "best bros". I hope this stays with them in some form or fashion for the rest of their lives. I watch them together and love the bond they have so strongly. Don't get me wrong they bicker and fight and often say not so nice things to each other--but most days and most parts of the days they are together working out some game or plan. When we go places I watch them shuffle together in a group--often hands touching shoulders or fingers slightly intertwined. They follow each other in a row like little ducks 1,2,3. They huddle together trying to decide what to do, where to go next together. They whisper and giggle and play silly games. My heart bursts with joy just watching them together...I wonder how a 4th will play into the mix. I imagine he will be holding Jakeb's hand, tucked under Zachary's protective wing, and hopefully giggling with Gavin--though right now Gavin would be holding Jakeb's other hand. Poor Jakeb has no idea how much they adore him, he can shout a particular way and like 2 little mocking birds they mimic his exact words. Such a load to bear for him but he does it so well. It helps that his brothers are almost a polar opposite of him. They all 3 compliment each other so well it's amazing. Big brother ever so cautious helps calm the wild tendencies of his little brothers down while at the same time his little brothers help him coax him out of his shell ever so gently.
Together is what they are and what I hope they remain. I know their relationships will wax and wan over time but I hope the bond they have now always remains and always returns.


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed