So as I was blog reading this morning and looking at pictures of other not quite big kids it occurs to me that I miss the ease of being able to take them various places and it still be new. I miss the wonder they had when a wee bit younger. Now they are homebodies who love their toys and don't love coloring and reading and puzzle making. Basically I don't know what to do with them. Which is tough! They spend much of their day playing with each other and get lost in some imaginary game. Now I am thrilled they can still do do this and that they do but I feel a bit guilty that we go all day with little interaction. Even if they are doing exactly what they want to do. Big kids are easy but tough at the same time. Gone of the days are playgroups and fingerpainting and figuring out what is the next step is more difficult than one might think. Step by step.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Big Kids.
Eek. So I have those now...or at least I have one of them. A big kid. Really I have 2, because big kid number 1 is the oldest and Zman is just as much a big kid as his big brother. When we go to the park or play places that also include toddlers I try to be very aware that they are now the big kids toddler moms dread. I try to make sure they are careful and don't trample the little ones. And if they do they really, really don't mean to and I hope say sorry and make sure they are ok. Because while they are big they are still pretty little at heart. They want to run and be silly and play just like that toddler...they are just better at it now. They are much more efficient and bounding up the stairs and can swing to the sky and race around the play ground with ease. In fact big kid #1 often doesn't even want to go to the playground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment