On another note today is the last day for swim lessons--I must admit I am glad for this the 45 minutes of exposure to intense chlorine fumes is getting to me. Obviously.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
A never ending quest.
Anyone that knows me for 5 milliseconds---or let me say this again--anyone who has been to our house at least twice knows that I like to keep things spiced up and am prone to up and move furniture or paintings or clothes or whatever, however and whenever. Anyone who has read this blog knows this because I comment on this all the time. I am never 100% satisfied with the appearance of things in my house and since buying new isn't an option I move things around. Because hello moving the couch is totally like getting a new one--or something like that. Don't worry my pregnant self didn't move the couch or anything large. I did have my burly muscular little boys carry their easel back up stairs and the heavy vacuum cleaner back down. I have however been reorganizing again. Though upon first glance it would like less like organizing and more like a gigantic mess thrown about the room. This started as we hunted for googley eyes so we could make angry birds. Needless to say I found them--after I stopped looking and in the most obscure place. Go figure. And needless to say we haven't made angry birds yet. The organization is never ending because this house--which is made for a many personed family to live in has ZERO storage. As in we have 2 closets that are not in bedrooms and one bedroom without a closet. Have I mentioned we have no pantry because if I haven't...WE HAVE NO PANTRY. It's redonk...every single house we have ever purchased my #1 priority was it must have a pantry. Yet somehow none of them have ever had a pantry. Not one house. Are you kidding me again with the no pantry thing. Ok ok. I digress. And I improvise with baskets of randomness all over the place. If I had a pantry my baskets of randomness would live there. Just saying. Baskets of art supplies and school papers and snacks and more art supplies and playdoh and moon sand and hats and gloves and OMG why can't I find anything. I am wondering if it be would be totally crazy to make our coat closet a pantry. It does house coats currently but we could hang them elsewhere. It is also in the foyer--as in right when you walk in the front door--of the house around the corner from the kitchen. But it would make a lovely pantry. Anyway not my point at all...though the title of this post is also fitting for the pantry situation. My point is I am forever organizing and reorganizing and things never seem to stay where I tell them. And I suppose that's really all I have to say about that....since I totally derailed on the pantry rant. I feel like I should maybe continue on with that....but maybe I shouldn't for fear that I will hit publish as I walk away to build a pantry---oh wait there is no place to do so. This coat closet is seeming more and more appealing. All it needs is 3 more little shelves and it's pantry ready! Or maybe we really don't need this little hall bathroom. Anyone have the laundry in the garage is this nutso thinking as well?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment