Monday, January 24, 2011

Still Cold.



Ok Winter can be done now. My hands are hurting and dry from the cold air. Apparently as you get older any moisture you previously had in your body gets sucked away...how I don't know. Too many years of exposure? My skin is itchy and dry, this is a newish phenomenon for me. As a teenager the issue was too much moisture now not enough. Thank goodness for lotion.
I have approximately 55 minutes until I need to leave to grab Gavy from school and head to Atlanta for a visit with a pulmonologist. After numerous battles and missing umpteen days of preschool for non stop coughing we are heading to a specialist with the hopes of getting this nonsense undercontrol. Last year he was tested for allergies and other than a eensy allergy to cock roaches (yes they test for that) he is allergy free. Which I had already figured anyway seeing as we only ever get asthma flair ups when he gets a cold. So we will see what we are told today. Since he is starting Kindergarden (be still my heart) in a wee 7 months (deep breaths) we need to get things better managed because he can't miss entire weeks of school numerous times in a year. We had similar issues with Jakeb but by this age he was out growing them. However Jakeb was a wheezer which is pretty classic asthma, Gavin on the other hand is a cougher--not so classic. So to the docs we go, though I do think this new combo of meds seems to be the best thus far.
This morning we zip zoomed on over to mail our I797C approval letter to our agency. Yes! We received it Saturday--woot! Now we kick back (well if that's the sort of person I was--but unfortunately it's not...) and relax and wait for it to go thru translations and then on it goes to where it's going to go for official approval! It=Dossier. Dossier=major bunch of papers letting Colombia know we are cool and awesome and would be rockin' parents to 2 children from their country. That we will love them and snuggle them and squeeze them (not too tight) and think they are amazing and will tell them that too and oh yeah we aren't crazy and we really are real people with a real house and all that jazz. So that's that. Now we wait....right right we already have been doing that, but now we get to wait some more. And we are excited about this, because it gets us closer to less waiting more receiving. All good things come to those who wait and patience is a virtue and all those awesome things.
And with that...here are more snow pictures (though it didn't snow again these are from the other week)...because it's winter and cold and you need to look at them because it's better than listening (reading) to me ramble...trust me.

Snow wrestling: cracked me up.
The shine on the ice:
And now I have 20 min. Because it takes THAT long to load pictures. Well almost...I needed to do a itty bit of tweaking on those. But really picture loading takes a long time.

1 comment:

blancalinavallejo said...

I hope Gavy is ok and its just this sucky winter all together. Maybe he should not have been out in the cold so much yesterday but they are kids and how crazy would they go being stuck inside all day. Karen woke up worse than yesterday, I try to ignore her and just tell her if she brushes her teath she will feel better. It's funny but I think it works LOL.

About the 1797C I can honestly tell you I am as exited, its kinda weird. I find myself talking to my whole familly about them lol. Wait, wait,wait that is all there is, but we will have to do something to keep our minds off of it (almost impossible) but we can make an attempt :).

Have a nice day! I'll talk to you later!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed