Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sharing Photographically


Ok so I am going to try to do this in order--somewhat...you know before Christmas, after etc....I have gotten ubber slack on the picture posting. One of the things I am looking forward to in 2011 is getting back into my personal picture endeavors. I decided, yesterday in fact, that I will be officially working my way towards closing up shop for Lilac Hill Photography, at least for now. With everything going on with the adoption I have no intention of restarting things here anytime soon, and economically speaking traveling back and forth from TN just isn't working and wouldn't work long term. So I made the decision to no longer accept any NEW clients, I do plan to continue with the current clients from time to time. So anyway--I am hoping that will allow me to get back into what drew me to photography in the first place. Anyway--all of that tangent blabbering just to share some pictures of us with you.

The big gift this year was a trampoline and they got it early--they LOVED ours we had in TN but we left it because we didn't think we could get it in our yard here, but after all of the clearing Robert has done it fits just great! These pictures aren't of the trampoline though--instead it's the boys playing in the boxes it came in--they had a blast coloring them all up and then sliding down our leafy hills and stairs. I never did get a picture of the finished tramopline with the net on it--but it's there!
I have just one shot from Jakeb's Christmas program--the 5th graders did a play and the 3rd and 4th graders sang songs in between "acts". Jakeb is in the grey sweater with red stripes with his arm up on the front row. I didn't get many shots because I took more video and he was never facing me.
Third up we have a few shots from Gavin's little Christmas "program" where he was waving and yelling "I love you" at us from the stage. He rocks. My dinky point and shoot camera doesn't cut it sorry for the grainy--I knew it would be there but I zoomed anyway!

And in his class.
The boys school (which is AWESOME) has a "Giving Tree/Holiday Sing-a-long" day. It's the last day of school of the "year" and they have every student bring a gift into the gym and then they donate them to the county children's services and then they sit in the gym singing Christmas carols. Now I am pretty sure they sang EVERY single Christmas song but it is just a wonderful thing that they do. I didn't sit with Jakeb so I didn't really get many shots of him but I did get a few of Zachary who came and sat with me.


And Santa Came!
And soon I will get to the actual Holidays....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed