Friday, January 21, 2011

Comfortable.

I love before and after pictures, so I thought I would share some of the living room/sunroom swap that I raved about a few posts back. I am still loving it. One of the things that everyone tells me when they come to our house is that it feels comfortable. Cozy. And that's great! I have learned that I have a knack for piecing the house together and making it look pretty decent. I at times would love to go and buy fancy paintings and expensive rugs and then think--for what? So I don't (and not only because it's not in the budget) and instead I am proud of myself for putting together a comfortable house with what we have. And I will take that!

Here's the family/living room before (you can see part of the sunroom, they are seperated by a step down):

The before of the sunroom/sunken living room/we aren't sure what to call it:

The AFTER of the swap:

The AFTER family room before--now a "sitting area" or something:
Much better! And we didn't paint--just different lighting made the walls look different. The recent photos are more true to the real color, the "Sunroom" is a bit more turquoise but not as much as the first picture shows. Either way I LOVE the color. So there ya have it!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love the swap - it looks great!!

chandra said...

Good job! Your seating area looks so cozy with the fireplace.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed