Friday, January 7, 2011

An Arrangement.

Many moons ago we bought new living room furniture. Very big living room furniture and in the 3 living rooms it has been placed in it has never fit. Ever. Why the whole "measure the furniture" idea never crossed our minds when we purchased the twin size bed of a couch is beyond me but it didn't. So we are stuck with giant furniture that isn't my taste. Also another issue--this furniture was never "my taste" but I liked it ok and knew it would not show stains. Which is true, I could rub Georgia clay mud all over the cushions and you would never see it. So a plus for it. Right so anyway. Let's stay on topic here. When we moved I knew the no wall 6'x7' living room and giant furniture weren't going to get along well. But being the resourceful person that I am I made it work. Until today. Today I stepped over one toy, kid, pillow, or dog too many. I made the executive decision to move our living room to the sunroom. Why I pushed against this previously is beyond me--actually it's not--everyone else suggested it, I said "No, no that won't work..." but basically I am pretty sure it needed to be MY idea--yes apparently I am one of those people. Awesome. (and for those of you that just said "no kidding" hush yo mouth!) Right anyway. I lost it and started moving furniture all over and Giant Couch is now in the much larger living room space (Duh) and previous "family room" will now house 2 chairs and 2 book shelves like it should instead of enough seating for an entire family of 5 plus 2 dogs and 3 cats. Trust me that was NOT working.
It looks marvelous and much more open and comfy. I am glad I am so resourceful and take the advice of others like a champ.
One of the things that had to be moved was our TV. Now I will say this is the main reason I protested because A) there is no fantastic spot for a TV in a room full of windows and B) the one cable jack in the room is not hooked up to Directv. But I trudged ahead anyway noticing again the atrocious job Mr. Cable Man did and finally calling Directv a mere 8 months after the install to get it done correctly. Oops. Apparently they don't honor that sort of time frame. Who knew? I thought maybe if I played all authoritative pissed off customer that would help so I asked for a manager. But no dice. Still they will be out Sunday to hopefully fix it and run a line to the new jack all the while charging me $50 and crossing my fingers they will tack the lines up properly. I personally think their "return policy" should be longer than 7 days...but I also should have double checked Mr. Lazy Cable Man's craftsmanship before I signed the papers. But dude for reals who leaves wires just hanging out of the wall and calls it a done job? I mean really. My favorite is the cable line drilled directly into the baseboard of my closet. Nice. Real nice. But again my fault for waiting entirely too long to fix something that just wasn't that high up on my priority list. Did I mention new family room is fantabulous? Because it so is and so has room for like a family of seven. Awesome.
Speaking of family of seven our happy pretty little dossier is on it's way to our agency. Still waiting on our CIS approval but everything else is done and ready to rock and roll on down to Colombia. So close folks, so close.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed