Saturday, January 1, 2011

¡Prospero Año Nuevo!

Happy New Year! Adios 2010 and Hola 2011!

Twenty ten was certainly a busy year for us here in Casa de Beaz....and a good busy. We certainly had our down moments but we ended the year healthy (well if you don't count a stomach virus and a cold!) and here and for me that's a pretty good year.
Our move was certainly the biggest event for our family of the year, as well as our decision to adopt. We sold our second house and bought our third. I entered my 3rd decade--eesh!
We said goodbye to my grandfather for the last time. And I miss he and my grandmother a lot. Being in a different state softens that blow but I miss them greatly.
Settling in here in Georgia has probably been the biggest thing for us this year. Robert and I went on our first lengthy vacation without the kiddo's--and had a blast despite my worrying! The boys started at a brand new school--that we love. We miss our family but love the slower pace we have settled into here.
I look forward to so much in 2011. Finishing up our dossier and being that much closer to bring home our kid(d0's) from Colombia. Ending up on a list somewhere to wait! Learning Spanish as a family while we wait.
My baby starts Kindy--that I don't look forward to but I know he probably does! New friends and activities we will find in our new home. But I still can't believe it's 2011, I have been trying very hard today to hit the reset button on my mental time clock--you know a fresh "sense of time" or something. But I don't think it's going to work.
Robert took all the Christmas decorations down yesterday while his parents and I were out shopping (yes you read all of that write) and now it feels like maybe Christmas didn't happen. It went by so very quickly! Either way I am looking forward to a new year and all it has to offer!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy New Year! Big things are ahead for the Beasley family!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed