It's Thursday and it's Sunny. The shine on the ice is gorgeous, my yard is full of glistening pearls. And chunks of broken ice-snow. Underneath the ice-snow are falls leaves and underneath that is the promise of spring and then summer. When the snow started to fall I was giddy with excitement. I watched in awe as it fell and fell and fell fast. We had total coverage in a little over an hour so I woke the boys at midnight to show them--or tried to Gavin mumbled that he didn't want to see it and rolled back over. But I fell asleep smiling that smile that you can't hide. You know the one. I woke up with the same excitement. And somehow I lost it. Within 20 min of being outside it was gone--I was frustrated and overreacting. Shock, I know. As previously mentioned Jakeb and Gavin aren't much for the cold...so they had to warm up (no pun intended) to the idea of spending more than 10 minutes outside in a freezer. I get that, now. I got that then. But at the time I was expecting romping and sledding and giggling fun. That didn't happen at least not in my time frame. Instead I got angry and Jakeb ended up in tears. Smooth as ice, I am. Appologies were made and we made a second attempt, with greater success. If at first you don't succeed try again and you may. And we did. Today Jakeb was asking to go outside the second my foot hit the cold wood floor, progress. Next time however I will put down the camera and play with them too. Today we walked out to 5 cars stuck and trying to get out of our neighborhood, so we had a bit of extra excitement. The sledding was good and apparently so is the ice because Zachary couldn't get enough of it. It is slowly (very slowly) melting away....but in the mean time we are trying to enjoy it. Being "stuck" at home has been surprisingly easy this go round and I am wishing I was more often.
Here's a video of the boys sledding just this morning....ignore my loud mouth and listen to what Gavin says. Haha.
2 comments:
I remember waking up in the middle of the night when I was a kid, peeking out the window to see if the snow had piled up. I would also wake up at the crack of dawn to see if school was cancelled :) My boys are similar to yours. They could really care less about it, but once they're out there it's hard to lure them back inside!
That video is one of the funniest Ive seen in a while. Holy Crap!
and dont be ashamed of your "meltdown" as we all have them, and you are just strong enough to admit it!
Post a Comment