Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So close.

I am trying hard and failing most days to not obsess over the adoption. It's not an easy thing, the waiting and the unknown. And right now I feel SO close, yet so NOT. We are hopefully weeks or even days away from submitting our dossier for translation and then to Colombia. EEK! That's so close, yet still so far away. So close I am bursting from the seams, yet once that's done we have a potentially long, long wait before we are hugging on those sweet babies. And for that reason I am trying not to obsess, but it's sort of in my genes. Right now I am obsessing over learning Spanish. Um do you know how hard learning a second language is? Yes, hard. Supposedly English is one of the hardest languages for a person to learn--have you tried to learn Spanish verbs? Um yeah. Lucky for me I had a couple years of it in high school, but I am not sure how I go about learning. I am leaning more towards learning like a child does--how to speak it first THAN worry about proper spellings and etc. Because trying to do both at the same time is confusing me muy mucho. So because I am trying hard not to obsess about when I will be loving on some kiddo's, I am obsessing about Spanish--poor Robert. I have this thought that I would like to be somewhat fluent because depending on the age of our children I would like to be able to help them keep as much of their language as possible. No pressure or anything.
And for some perspective on the genetic obsessing: My dad has been talking about moving down here for no less than 6 months. Looking at houses, deciding what where, when, how the house shall look. How he could add on to said house, where he could, when he could....you get the idea. He is finally closing on a house Jan 17th. Seven tenths of a mile away from ours.
Update on the fluboys: they seem to be on the mend. Fevers are under 101 and moods perked up yesterday. But I suspect one more day home, we shall see.

1 comment:

Kim said...

You can so learn Spanish - it's really pretty close to our language in many ways. And how great that your dad will be so close! (I assume this is great?!) I don't know how you're patient at all about adopting. I know we've discussed this, but I am hardly patient enough to birth a baby, never mind wait YEARS for one. I'm so excited for you and your boys!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed