Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're back!

And had an awesome time! Our flight was delayed last night so we didn't get home til after 2 this morning, so we are BEAT!
San Francisco is definitely a "must see" gorgeous "country side" around it and just a neato city. I think I could have driven around the hills and admired the views for days. It was chilly and a bit foggy in the city but not TOO bad.
Friday night we hit up a Giants game at AT&T Park it was very cool but VERY cold so we left mid way thru, my poor body is used to 95 right now not 50 and strong winds LOL. Saturday we went up to Muir Woods which is gorgeous and wicked cool...we walked up to the "top" of some trail and it seriously kicked my never exercising butt. But was totally worth it! Loved it..I have some weird fascination with trees so it was awesome to see some huge ones. On the way home from there we stopped by Golden Gate Recreation Area and walked up to Hawk Hill which gives a GORGEOUS view of the bridge, the city, and the coast out the other side. I think that was maybe my favorite part...maybe. Sunday we headed up to Sonoma and Napa Valley...drove thru cute little Petaluma...oh yeah in the convertible Mustang with the top down--good times!...stopped at Benziger and Sebastioni Vineyards for some tastings. Neither of us had been to a winery/vineyard before so it was very cool to do that and enjoy an awesome drive thru the countryside. We did buy a bottle at Sebastioni and brought it home with us, yum! We hit up Fisherman's Warf and Chinatown and just walking around the city that night and Monday morning. Seriously I am STILL sore from walking all the hills...and in my defense we walked a TON yesterday!
We had an awesome, awesome time...the kids were great and glad to see us. And we both cannot WAIT to go back.
And you know I have tons and tons of pics...I will post a few in a bit!

2 comments:

chandra said...

Love all the pictures. Glad you had such a great trip! It's been years since I was there, you make me want to go back. :)

Tracy said...

Sounds like you guys had a great trip! I'm sure it was a much needed vacation. I'm jealous. LOL!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed