Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shhhh...Do you hear that??

Good! That means EVERYONE and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-ONE is sleeping in this house...except me of course. The kids, the cats, the dogs woo! I haven't had a day like this in a LONG time. Jakeb and Zachary don't take naps anymore except on the rare occasion that I deem it necessary. Today was one of those days.
We spent nearly all day yesterday gone, as well as having busy days on Mon/Tues. So I had planned for today to be spent at home...ALL day. Yesterday the J&Z had swim lessons which turned into playtime at the pool and then a lunch trip to Chick Fila...we headed home to drop off our 2 extra's (ZJones and Alex from our 'hood) and then hit the road runnin' again. I decided I couldn't wait any longer and absolutely had to go get Gavin's new bedding for his room and had to go up to my mom's and get my old bed...which is now Gavin's new bed. So we didn't even get home from doing that til 10 last night. Well I figured we would totally make a day of it and stayed up getting his room put together. Gavin konked out on the way home so he was in my bed and I let J&Z stay up "helping" me. So everyone is tired and needing the down time. Including me! I am working on trying to get some clothes given away and organized as well as other things (story of my life). We are getting some much needed rain as well!
OH and super exciting thing! Next weekend Robert and I are getting an entire weekend away ALONE. He has a trip to Rancho Cordova, CA next week...which is right outside Sacramento...which is about 2 hours away from San Francisco. We have a sweet little credit with Southwest that we need to get used so I am going to fly out to San Francisco on Friday morning! Robert and I get, Friday-Monday in San Francisco all to ourselves. I am SUPER stoked and super nervous something will happen to screw it up. This also means *I* am leaving our 3 kiddo's for 4 days. Something I have never done. Robert of course travels so it's not a big thing for him to be gone, but the longest I have left any of them is less than 24 hours! Gavin has never stayed the night away from Robert and/or I. So this is a huge thing for me to be ok with that! He's old enough now that I think he will be ok. My mom is going to be taking care of them while we are gone and I know they will be in good hands. And if you have any "must see's" in San Fran please let me know!! We only get about 3 full days so we will be on a time crunch but I want to do as much as possible!

On a serious note I found out this past week that my grandmother (my mom's mother), has found out that she has breast cancer. I guess it's small and she will only have to go thru radiation. She had a lumpectomy yesterday and now will have to do radiation. I am not sure all of the details other than that. Please say a prayer for her! She lives in Florida so we dont' see her as often as I would like and I hate that she has to go thru all of this.

Alrighty well I am going to go enjoy my quiet time! I will post some pictures of Gbaby's "new" room later!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't wait to see the new room! And I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother:( On top of the last few months you've had, I especially hate that you are having to deal with this now. But, hopefully radiation will take care of it all and she'll be fabulous:)

Angie Morris said...

so jealous of your trip away but girl you deserve it

And sorry about your grandmother.........prayers for her :)

Meredith said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I lived basically in Rancho Cordova for 9+ years, lol. Must see is SF is Muir Woods, just morth of SF. Beautiful, beautiful, and beautiful. Have an awesome trip!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed