I was just sitting here thinking about something to talk about on this here blog and it occurred to me that I would like to jot down a few awesomeness things about the boysies. I talk about them a lot...but you know they are my baaaaabbbbbieees and this is my blog and yeah...I can do that.
Sometimes though when I go to talk about them or tell about them I have a hard time deciding who to start with...like they are going to look back and think gee she always talked about you first or what she says about you is longer or something. When really I struggle with being fair and I try to make sure "it all shakes out in the wash" and it does.
So first off...Gavin that boy. He is seriously a funny guy...I mean here he is our lone blondie little peanut and he has more personality than all of us. First off Gavin is a hit with Every.one. From what I hear from other parents the kids talk about Gavin and just love Gavin...which is just cool. I mean I know what is great about him but it's neat to hear what others see too. He's just a nice kid...he's thoughtful and friendly and just great. However. Gavin is also...hmm well he's like the hulk. Happy friendly easy going one minute and crazy not nice the next. Tonight I read a new Skippyjon Jones book to them (thank you Kohls Cares!) and Gavin decided he needed to sleep in a mask...I told him he could but if they were playing and not sleeping I was going to take it. The of course were playing and not sleeping so it gotten taken away. As I was walking away my little spitfire of a boy slams back into his bed and angrily mutters "screw this". I think we can thank a certain uncle for the use of that term since it's not one we use (another I might claim but not that one ;) ) Of course I giggle and immediately text Robert. Well after I sternly told him that is 100% not something he can say. And also some goods...he can read. Like really really read amazingly well. He started Kindy basically not reading. By Christmas last year he was starting to read more and now 8 months later he can read anything and everything. It's amazing.
My Zman...my party hardy boy. He is such a tender heart but a wild guy. He has decided on his own accord that he is going to "write a book". He has chosen the topic of Bobcats and is looking up info on the computer and pictures and is typing it out in Word. He even got a binder and labeled it "Zachary's research book". I am impressed. I am not impressed that he keeps freezing my computer with his crazy clicking and pasting. He is Nolan's buddy and while Nolan loves Jakeb and Gavin just as much he will sit and snuggle with Zachary...or maybe Zachary snuggles with him more. Zachary is my helper. He will typically help when asked without complaining...he loves helping in the kitchen and loves being with the grown ups. Zachary is really bad about sitting at the table with his knee propped up at the table...it's something I am trying to get him to stop doing so the other night when it was up again I said to him "Where is your leg supposed to bed?" And without missing a beat he straight face responds with "attached to my body". I couldn't help but laugh...He's quick.
Jakey boy...he is my guy I feel the closest to right now. (and that changes all the time!) He will sit and chit chat with me and we can giggle and joke around with each other in a different "more mature" way than I can with his brothers right now. I can walk into a room and dance like a goof and he will look at me crazy and just giggle with a "Moooommm" and I love it. I feel bad for him right now...he is in a boot for 2 weeks for his heel all the while his other heel is hurting a bit too. I hope that this fixes the problem but I am worried it won't. I can't believe he is in 5th grade. He loves his school and his teacher. She seems great and I hope she notices him more than other teachers have in the past. That sounds "harsh" but Jakeb flies below the radar...he doesn't get in trouble and is quiet and because of that he is just a kid in class. Or at least that's how it often seems. I love that he wakes up eager for school and will say in a heartbeat "I love school". He gets up every morning and gets his things done and is ready to go without a struggle. The joys of a 10 year old. I often have to remind myself that his brothers are not 10...I imagine when they are 10 they will be going thru the motions just as smoothly.
These big guys are doing great and they amaze me daily. Sometimes it's nice and good to stop and think about all the things they do that amaze me. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day and the frustrations that I often don't slow down and appreciate it them or jot down some of the funny things they do. Or even just the mundane things of our days. They are amazing little boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment