Thursday, August 2, 2012

Oh almighty sleep.

So remember way back when like last week when I was all whiny and yeah yeah'ing about Nolan and the great mystical sleep.  So I am going to do that again mmmkay?
Here's the thing...Nolan is baby numero quatro and we still don't have it figured out.  We are more relaxed and whatevs about a lot of stuff and that's all fantastic and awesome but we totally  missed the boat on "we got this sleep thing" figured out.  Or maybe our little Bear is just a tough cookie about the sleep.  And truth be told it's probably just a little of both.
So enter a week or so ago...here's the scene: Me snoozing on the bed after an exceptionally exhausting night with my baby bear tossing and turning and kicking me and inches of bed space next to my tiny guy....and THUD SCREAMING baby.  Yes, yes he managed to launch himself off the bed...surprising as A) none of the other boys did this as a baby and B) I am generally not a light sleeper but somehow I managed to not hear or feel him scoot off the other side.  Right SO I requested a bed rail to be put on the bed..howevs our mattress is insanely tall and said bed rail provides inches if that of no falling space. I also got to thinking that Mr. Baby Bear usually sleeps til 7:30ish and I need to be up at 6:30 to be getting big boys off to school.  Which would mean leaving a sleeping crawling baby alone in a bed or with Robert who would also be sleeping which is virtually the same thing as alone since Robert is a very sound sleeper.  Therefore it was decided that the only logical (duh) solution would be to move the guy to his bed all night.  As it stands right now he sleeps the first part of the night in his bed and whenever he wakes up I get him and put him in bed with me.
Right so the move isn't going as I thought it would....in fact it's down right awful.  Honestly I am just ok with snuggling the night away with my Nolie Bear but that's really not what happens and safety wise it just isn't going to work.
Anyway...needless to say I am tired...and eating my words about the awfulness of letting a baby cry and cry...last night was long and eventually Nolan and I came to a compromise.  He wasn't going to go to sleep on his own but I wasn't going to put him back in my bed.  So we rocked it out and he slept it out in his bed.
We shall see how this plays out....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed