Monday, August 13, 2012

Cool Sunshine.

It's a cool bright sunshiney morning here and I have my windows open.  It's supposed to hit 90 today but for now it's a cool and windows open kinda morning.   Last night I worked on the stair project that I am going to finish...like soon.  It's not a difficult process but it does require several steps {no pun intended} that just take time.   Granted the amount of time that has lapse since I tore the carpet off is well past a normal waiting period.  But anyway....Last night I stained every other step and hopefully it will dry enough so that tonight I can do the remaining steps.  Every other again so that we can get up and down stairs without ruining the stain.  I was unaware of the drying time for stain...24+ hours.   So when we woke this morning to sticky still wet stairs I was disappointed.   Patience is not something I have a bountiful amount of...despite popular belief that lots of kids=lots of patience.   After staining is done and dry...we get to slap on the the polyurethane.  And then it's onto painting the risers and moldings....eventually it will look AWESOME.  I promise.  
This weekend I tackled a few projects that have been on the list...the stairs being one and also finally getting my chalkboard paint on the wall.   We had a wall in our laundry room that was ruined from a sticky poster thing I had put up when we moved in and I also was wanting a chalkboard wall...so that wall needed paint and I needed a chalkboard wall.   So there ya have it.  Though we need to get used to it because it keeps catching my eye and I think the door is open.  It's a black wall right by the door....tricks on the eyes my friends.
My sister in law and I hit up Ikea this past week and I have finally decided on a temporary solution to the no pantry PROBLEM.  And am going to buy yet another cabinet to store food and what not in...and seriously I cannot tell you how excited I am about this...do you know the space I will have in my cabinets!!  No more breaking of items and jars and things falling out of the cabinet when I open the door.   Third world problems here...no pantry...I realize this.  
Also bought a few cool hangy uppy thingy's and I am mighty bummed that our screw purchase yesterday did not yield the results I was hoping for and in fact did exactly the opposite.  Apparently wood screws are not going to work in dry wall.  Wood screws look like regular old screws except the last 1/2 inch or so is smooth therefore when you be-bop it into the drywall the smooth part of it just allows the screw to wiggle all around in there...therefore NOT holding whatever item you may have into place.   So lesson to the masses....do not purchase these types of screws when hanging things into drywall....unless of course you will be using one of those support things along with it then I do believe you will be good to go.  As will we once I locate those.   You like that rant on screws?   I knew you would.  Moving on....
The sleep battle is going poorly at best.   However my new coffee pot is not....so it's all good until about 4pm and then it's a rapid decline.   I could drink another cup of joe at this point but then I can't sleep and it's just a vicious sleepy cycle.
Also no worries I will get some pictures up of the recent project tackle.  Also according to Kelly Ripa today is National Left Handed day.   Yay for lefty's...I am a lefty.   I write and eat left handed but I throw a ball and bat and all that good stuff with my right.  Did you know that all sorts of awesome amazing people were lefty's?    A great many presidents were lefty's....a few famous painters...Da Vinci, Picasso, Michelangelo to name a few...and also um...Einstein.   So just sayin'.....you know...maybe...Right so go Lefty's.
Have a great day.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed