Thursday, August 23, 2012

A-Game.

Nolan is going to be a bear for Halloween....fitting since we call him bear.  I have the costume already...I have had it ready for almost 10 years now.  What's funny is I have kept all the big boys 1st costumes.  I don't know what but I did...they are cute that's why.   This bear costume is to.die.for.cute.  But it wasn't Jakeb's first costume it was his 2nd and for some reason I kept it.  It dawned on me this morning that I kept it for Nolan.   I did.  I really did.  I knew.  Well I didn't know but I couldn't get rid of it and I am so glad I didn't.  It's the Gap Bear and I hope it's not 85 degrees Halloween night.  

I have no idea what the big boys will be...and really I don't typically plan for Halloween months in advance.  It really isn't my holiday...for some reason it stresses me out.  I think it's the fuss over the right costume and the wish that I could make them...but also every year I say "we don't make them..." and that's just fine.   Plus making sure we get a weekend in at the pumpkin patch before it's too late and fall pictures before the leaves are gone.  It's too much pressure...all be it self imposed pressure.   But every year I relax a little bit more about it and every year it gets done and every year I say that wasn't that bad.  

Despite my whining a few posts back I have had a pretty darn productive week.  The house is relatively picked up and there are 3 meals on the ready in the freezer and plenty more left to prepare.  We haven't eaten dinner out at all this week and while that's not saying much for some it's a lot for us.  Every time I start to cave and order pizza or something easy I think about the $30 I should save for our little one(s) and I get to cooking.  And it's working.  Last night I whipped up 3 chicken pot pies and they were darn good...next time I will make the crusts because thank you for the "yellow #5 and yellow #23" we were trying to avoid those..didn't know that was in a frozen crust.   Anyway the thoughts before I buy things recently are instantly to saving instead and maybe this adoption is better for all of us in more ways than 1.   

Gavin managed to get thru his homework yesterday without stomping or huffing or yelling about how stupid it was that he had to write words he already knew.   Or busting out the hulk mad voice and snapping at his brothers in the most nasty way possible.  We chatted about it the night before and that morning and it worked and I like seeing things work and their processing of what we say.  It may not work today but it worked yesterday and that is enough for me.   Next up is tackling those darn piano practices...we will get there.  

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed