Friday, October 14, 2011

Um, Hi.

Still here and still pregnant.   Both of which are good things...we still have a just a couple weeks before officially waiting and waiting for this little one to make his appearance.
The past week and a half some how zipped right on past me.   I started making a post 2 days ago...at 3am.  While I was sitting up with Gavin who is sick and doing the asthma cough and asthma I can't breathe thing.  Of course you wouldn't know that to look at him now because he's rolling around on the floor as I type this wrapping himself in blankets and just overall being not sick.   That is until 11pm when I put my head on my pillow to go to sleep...curse you night time coughs.
But also we had a friend visit for 3 days and then the dog ate Gavin's medicine and we could have bought a brand new refrigerator or landscaped our yard or maybe even threw some concrete down for what it cost to save her life.  Of course if the vet had checked google like I had we would have spent considerably less...but you know I am not the one with a PhD so what do I know.  
My friend visiting was a sanity savor for me...probably not so much for her.   One of my very besties from college came over from Texas to visit us for 3 whole days and she helped me fold laundry and do dishes and just overall be an awesome friend while things went a little hay wire in our house.  We laughed at my silly boysies and laughed at just life and really had a fantastic time while things were in chaos mode.  And really she's totally funny and awesome so you can't hang out with her and not have a good time....unless of course you can and in that case what a bummer for you.
Jakeb is also home sick because he has a completely random ear infection that has left him a little whoozy and funny feeling.   And by the way he is totally growing up and has done a few things in the past week and half that impress me and I see how big he is getting...and I think he's the most responsible one in the house.  Seriously.
And speaking of doctors and Google.  I am on the hunt for a new pediatrician because yesterday when they told me again to stop giving Gavin medicine that helps him breathe for the second time since we started at this practice and also said he's coughing just from a cold and post nasal drip....you know because he doesn't have typical asthma and that throws them off...I made the decision that either we drive 4 hours to see his old one every time he's sick or I find a new one.   Obviously the latter is the only solution so I am trying to track a suitable dr down for this oddball asthmatic boy.   So this is very frustrating...because I totally get it with his illness and a few doctors do but most seem to be clueless...but again I am not the one with the PhD so what do I know.  Other than you know from life experience and knowing my kid and you know he gets sick the exact.same.way.every.time.  But again what do I know.
Tomorrow Zachary and I are trekking to TN for my baby shower and we are both really looking forward to that!  We are both going to get to kick it with friends and family and have a nice time together.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed