One of the new challenges for me with the adoption is the inability to plan. Like I can't really buy much other than a mattress---or will I need 2? Or will I need the crib? I am mentally preparing for 2 twin mattresses--and at some point we will probably go ahead and buy those. But I can't buy clothes or toys or other furniture really. Because we could have 1 child, 1 boy and 1 girl, 2 girls, 2 boys. They could be anywhere from 6 months(not likely) to nearly 5. We are pretty much set for boy clothes well provided it's a 3 year old boy and it's summer....anything under that we don't have anymore. So if you know me this is like torture. I like to plan but mostly I like to shop...and I really love to shop for kiddo's and their clothes and room accessories. I have a few things I have glanced at for sure, but I have to stay far away from the dot com's...and at Christmas no less. Eek. Fingers crossed for my self control---though I don't think it will be too hard with us looking at such a potentially long time frame buying anything would just be silly especially with so many unknowns!
This weekend I trekked up to Nashville for a weekend chalked full of sessions...it was gorgeous weather and I had a nice little weekend alone. A busy one but full of successful sessions that I walked away from feeling great about, which is always nice. A nice little boost to the self confidence is always welcome! Plus the boysies missed me and that makes me feel extra special too :) Fantastic-ness.
No comments:
Post a Comment