We had our Psych analysis done almost 2 weeks ago so we are waiting on the report from that. Just for the record that test is...well it's ridiculous...it's 560+ statements you answer True/False. One statement was "I like to repair latches." Yes latches...and that would be a false. We also on that same day had our FBI fingerprinting done and mailed it off the following day.
This weekend I spoke with the program director from Gladney. He was very nice and eager to help anyway he can. From here we wait. And I must pat myself on the back because my patience has been in check thus far....I imagine I will be singing a different tune a year from now though!
After we send off the I800A we wait for our approval and from there we can send off our Dossier to Colombia....and then we wait!
Robert bought us a book this past weekend about adoption so I have been reading thru it, learning some new things to help our children adjust once they are home. It's a slow read though--which I suppose is a good thing, since I have lots of time to read and prepare.
And so we wait....
3 comments:
Good luck on the wait for the home study. It took us 2 and 1/2 months to get the final report. YUCK!!! We are preferencing a sibling group of 2 ages 0-4. We are expecting a 3 year wait once we get on the wait list. This is what we are seeing coming out of ICBF. I look forward to seeing your journey as it unfolds. p.s. I am a bit impatient too!
Yikes! yes I would be super impatient if it was 2 months! Our caseworker emailed me yesterday and we should have it first part of next week. Fingers crossed all goes as planned with it!
And we are in the same boat! I am hoping the 3 year wait is much shorter...but we will see! We were told 2 years....but FOUR for infants. Yikes. I don't have that sort of patience.
I could hardly wait nine months to birth a child, nevermind 3 years to adopt one. Well worth the wait though, I would imagine.
Post a Comment