Sunday, November 7, 2010

Best Medicine

I don't know when it was I noticed, it was some time ago...but I was losing my laughter. My sense of humor. Caught up in life and the busy-ness and seriousness of it all. The stress of raising a family and the immense amount of pressure I feel to be a good mother and a good wife. It's often overwhelming--very often. But in the midst of all that the biggest and most important part of being a good wife and good mother and a good Rachel is laughing. Because when we laugh we relax, we are genuine, and we are happy. So I made it my personal goal to relax and to laugh. Seems like such an easy mundane task--to laugh really!? I mean sure I was laughing a chuckle here and there and a brief smile and the occasional belly laugh but those genuine laughs were much too few and far between. Easier said than done...to be able to laugh I need to slow down and catch those moments that will make me laugh. That's hard work when you are keeping up with 3 boys, 5 pets, a husband, a house, schedules, and life. But it helps, oh does it ever help. I am a funny girl--it's what I do. I laugh, I make others laugh, to loose that would be to loose me. It's what attracted Robert to me...that and those grey pants I have long since out grown but have kept just because. It's what attracted me to Robert he could make me laugh and he laughed at me. We laughed. We giggled. And now we have 3 little ones (and soon 2 more!) and they make us laugh. But I will miss it if I don't slow down and let them. Today we did.
Today was filled with laughter and it was wonderful.
We are hosting Thanksgiving this year and my family makes me laugh--so hard. It's what they do. And oh can they laugh. I can't wait.

and in case you need a good laugh--embarrassing yes, but I will do that for you--notice the lack of hair, that's it folks I am not kidding what I say it's thin.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed