For as long as I can remember I have always written (or now typed) a "year in review" of sorts...and this year is no different. Let's see if I can get a start on it, my first thought is to say check back tomorrow...but we'll give it a go and see how far I can get.
Let's see....my problem is that I am not real sure where to start.
Where were we a year ago...January 2008...I was just at that point beginning my official go at "Lilac Hill Photography" over this past year I have had some awesome sessions with some awesome families and have grown a great deal as a photographer...I cannot wait to see how 2009 goes both as a business and as a photographer overall. It's a constant non-stop learning process and I hope to grow even further this year.
THEman was starting his 2nd year with his fabulous company while we hate to have him gone, I love the opportunities he gets...and I am seriously jealous of the traveling he gets to do. His traveling has lots of perks for us as a family though...perks I am sure I will be devasted to loose if he chooses to change jobs. It's allowed us several mini vacations that we otherwise wouldn't have had.
Boy1 finished up his first year of elementary school and did wonderful, he turned 6, played 2 seasons of baseball...neither of which he enjoyed all that much both of which he stuck with and managed a bit of fun. He began piano lessons (did I mention he played Jingle Bells for everyone at Christmas?), karate lessons, swim lessons...all kinds of activities (don't worry not all at once!). He has started 1st grade, had some difficulties adjusting and has rocketed right back to where I know he can be. He is changing from a little boy to a boy....complete with eye rolling, back talking, and sweetness.
Boy2 began his very last year of preschool. He managed the year with out stitches, casts, or hospital stays (Thank god!) He has learned to do things on his own that surprise me daily...writing his name, his address, phone number, etc etc. He has begun to learn to ride his bike without training wheels. He can swim kinda like a fish (well a 4 year old fish with legs) and has no fear of the water. He too played 2 seasons of baseball and got over his serious shyness with it, he still wouldn't talk much but he at least ran the bases and hit without daddy with him. We discovered he's a pretty good switch hitter as well! He is slowly overcoming his shy gruntiness he has with people and I hope that over this year he will come out of that even more.
Boy3 wow, he was only 19 months when this year began, he is now a sassy opinionated 2 1/2 year old. He is completely potty trained--even at nights! He sings songs and dances. He has zero problem talking to most people. And despite his naughty tendencies he really can be a very good boy, especially when it's just him and I. And while I hesitate to call him "sweet" the past month or so he has been just that....last night as we laid in the bed at the hotel he just sang and sang he would roll over and snuggle with me, give me kisses or just pat my head. Serious sweetness. He began his first year of preschool...with much hesitation but now for the most part is anxious to go and have fun with his "fends". He has his "best fen Evy"...who he does more fighting with than playing but they sure are excited to see or talk to each other.
We managed to sneak down to Florida for a couple days over the summer and the boys are like their ma and love the beach and we are all crazy anxious to get back down there...like asap.
We gained a new fur animal who drives us nuts but is oh so cute that we can't help but love her. We've painted and updated things in the house slowly but surely...well somewhat surely. Well so many things I suppose I could go on about. Basically we've had a purty good year...I hope 2009 is even more but if not I am ok with that too. Beggar's can't be greedy right? We've grown and matured in ways that only time can achieve. I hope we continue to do so both as a family and as a couple as well as individually.
1 comment:
Here's to a Happy 2009!!
Post a Comment